Enable viewing of Google Display Network remarketing data in Google Analytics, through Google Tag Manager. See your visitors age, gender or interests in your Google Analytics account.
Note: this post is relevant to the Classic or Asynchronous version of Google Analytics. As of December 2013 when this post is being published GDN data cannot be viewed – yet – in Universal Google Analytics. We expect that this will be fixed by Google sometimes in 2014 since Asych accounts are being migrated to Universal GA as of Nov 2013.
1. Log in to your GTM account through google.com/tagmanager
2. Click on an existing Container (if you don’t have a container … create one
3. Click on the ‘tag’ icon to create a new Tag
4. You are now viewing a screen that allows you to create a new Tag:
5. Define the Tag Name, and select Tag Type as Google Analytics (which is implicitly Classic or Asynchronous, i.e. the pre-Universal GA version of GA).
6. Once you select “Google Analytics”, you will see a page that looks like below:
- Define your Web Property ID
- Click on the  box underneath to “Enable display advertising features like remarketing….”
- Define a Firing Rule – you can just create a rule where the Tag will fire on ALL
- Click Save
7. Here is what you will see once you click on Save
8. Your Tag is created, but, it’s not live or Published. You need to create a Version and then Publish it.
Create a Version:
9. You are done, you should see below:
10. Now, log into your GA account, and you see Demographics and Interests under your main Audience tab.
You are done, congrats!
Good luck, Greg.